Our approach to governance brings together clinical excellence, information security, health and safety and risk management.
We define integrated governance as being systems, processes and behaviours by which we lead, direct and control our services in order to achieve our objectives, safety and the quality of our services as they relate to patients and their carers, the wider community and partner organisations. At all times, we’re working towards increasing efficiency, effectiveness and the overall quality of our services.
The integrated governance framework consists of the following aspects:
- Complaints analysis
- Patient and public involvement
- Using Net Promoter Score (NPS) to produce a clear measure of the organisation’s performance
- Professional engagement
- Implement and audit compliance with all National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidance
- Activities-payment by Results
- Joint Advisory Group (JAG) Accreditation
- Audit to review compliance with standards and improvement actions to raise our standards
- Improvements to arrangements for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Timely implementation and ongoing monitoring of National Patient Safety Alerts (NPSA) and others through the Central Alerting System
Regulation and compliance;
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Clinical Negligent Scheme for Trusts (CNST)
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
In order to ensure we maintain the widest consistency of best practice and independent scrutiny across the entire Care UK group, we coordinate governance through a group wide Integrated Governance Leadership Team (IGLT).
This team oversees and provides independent scrutiny, together with an external advisor, who will advise the board on all aspects of clinical and non-clinical risk, health and safety and regulatory and industry standards. The external advisor will evaluate clinical standards and risk, review reports, follow up any concerns and attend meetings of the Integrated Governance Sub-Committee to the Board and the IGLT.