We are currently hiring for a Weekend Catering Assistant to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. Our Facilities Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder is responsible for providing an efficient, high quality dedicated food and beverage service to patients, staff and visitors.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Part Time, 16 hours a week, Saturday & Sunday.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £8.37 per hour
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Hotel Services Manager
• Comply with all current food hygiene legislation.
• Maintain food temperature control records in accordance with specified requirements.
• Maintain routine food and beverage temperature records as requested by the Head Chef
• Report any defects or faults with equipment to the Head Chef or Second chef.
• To provide refreshments for staff meetings and visitors as required.
• To replenish staff rest area on a daily basis with agreed stock level.
• To be involved in all aspects of food and beverage service to patients at all times whilst on duty.
• Be able to understand and interpret menu content.
• To serve meals to inpatients and be involved in MUST audit process by completion of a nutritional intake sheet for each and every meal provided.
• To inform staff of any patient who has refused or not eaten much of their meal for onward management.
• To act on any patient dietary requests for additional/alternative food or beverages requirements reporting any difficulty to the Head or second Chef for onward management.
• To report any patient dissatisfaction regarding catering service to the Head or Second Chef for onward management.
• Undertake the preparation for the service of serving breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
• Operate the dishwashing machine to process patient’s crockery and cutlery.
• Assist with maintaining the main kitchen area to a clean and hygienic standard.
• To maintain the colour coded procedures for compliance with infection control requirements.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working within a team
• Experience of providing a customer focused service
• Previous customer service experience
• Basic Food Hygiene certificate or willingness to work towards
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.