Ward Healthcare Assistant
Healthcare Assistant – Ward
I am currently recruiting for a Ward Healthcare Assistant to work in our Will Adams Treatment Centre.
The Healthcare Assistant works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse assisting in the delivery of basic nursing care to patients.
• To demonstrate respect and consideration for patients and their relatives/carers.
• To undertake activities which maintain patient’s comfort and dignity.
• To undertake patient observations as agreed by the Ward Manager.
• Can independently undertake patient observations and record these results.
o Blood pressure
o Respiratory rate
• Can also observe the colour, sensation, and movement of patients operated limbs and record and report any changes.
• Able to use equipment to assess patient’s oxygen saturation levels, blood sugar levels and record these results.
• To report immediately any perceived or obvious changes in patients’ conditions to a registered nurse or the nurse in charge.
• Maintain appearance and behaviour in accordance with Company Policy.
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
• To maintain standards of infection control within the ward area and during clinical care and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control need.
• Good standard of education and numerate.
• Good standard of written and spoken English essential.
• Willingness to work towards NVQ Level 3.
• Healthcare experience gained in a similar setting.
• Previous hospital experience.
• Able to take bloods.
• Ability to communicate on the telephone.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Able to return information and carry out instructions accurately.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.