We are currently hiring for a Ward Clerk to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will manage the administrative procedures within the ward and to provide a prompt, courteous service to all patients, visitors, and members of the clinical team. Liaise with other members of the admin team to ensure that the department receives a first class, seamless service.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week. Monday to Friday either 8-4 or 9-5
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £17,338 dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To take responsibility for booking post operative appointments if necessary. Liaise with the outpatients department if necessary.
• To ensure discharge packs are available at all times for the nursing staff
• To ensure all patients complete the patient satisfaction questionnaire prior to discharge.
• To monitor patient movement in the ward and ensure that all patient notes and files are tracked electronically either to the ward or from the ward to another department.
• To deal with all general enquiries from patients, relatives and clients liaising with the Ward Manager/Nurse in charge as appropriate.
• To answer the 24 hour helpline, seeking advice from clinical staff if required recording the call on the patients’ ICP.
• To input clinical audit data onto the Maxim Electronic Patient Record system.
• To input clinical outcomes date onto the Electronic Patient Record.
• To input National Joint Registry Information onto the data base.
• Update nurse handover sheets
• To attend ward meetings and take minutes when requested.
• Maintain an accurate filing system of all stationery required, ordering at the correct time each week.
• To answer the telephone, take telephone messages accurately and pass on to the relevant person.
• To advise nursing staff when patients need to be taken to the PACU area and when patients need to be collected from recovery.
• Obtain patient record files when requested to do so by a doctor or one of the nursing team.
• To ensure that patient record files are stored in accordance with data protection.
• Manage the onsite stock control process of all stock required by ward.
• Actively participate in monthly/quarterly stock audits, clinical governance reviews and CQC inspections.
• Maintain the electronic staffing model, updating it on a daily basis.
• Ensure the electronic bed board is accurate, booking patient beds once theatre date has been decided.
Skills & Experience
• Substantial relevant administration experience
• Good communication both verbal and written
• Customer care
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good standard of education
• Computer literate
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.