We are currently sourcing for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Physiotherapy Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will undertake skilled unsupervised work e.g. identifying patients equipment needs, liaising with suppliers in regards to supply/ installation/ cancellations/ extensions or need for additional equipments. This will take place in both Pre-assessment clinics and post-operatively. This takes up most of support worker’s time during the day in processing administrative task that comes along with this aspect of the job.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £17,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
1. To provide patient assessment in identifying patients equipment needs, fall risk, manual handling, cognitive function, mobility status, length of stay and care plans while in the hospital and after discharge.
2. Provide input into therapy activity through patient education. This will include running group sessions or one to one sessions without the presence of a Physiotherapist.
3. Actively participate in a patient’s total well being by making timely and organised follow up calls to all TKR/UKR and THR patients discharged from ward and then organising for further care, uni-compartmental required by liaising with multidisciplinary team within the centre and community.
4. To undertake support work with other orthopaedic surgeries conducted at AGW Treatment Centre as and when required e.g. issuing a splint/ liaising with the MDT and community in regards to patients rehab plan.
5. Treat patients individually or in a group session, in a variety of locations such as on the ward or in a clinic. This may frequently be without the direct supervision or presence of a Physiotherapist.
6. Encourage patients and carers in a positive approach to regaining independence. This requires sensitivity and good interpersonal skills.
7. Contribute to the overall running of the department or ward by attending relevant staff meetings and commenting on recommended changes to clinical care or service provision.
8. To promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.
9. Take appropriate precautions to maintain patient confidentiality and dignity and respect at all times.
10. To actively involve patients in any decision about their own health care.
11. To be able to recognise improvements or adverse developments in a patient’s condition and report to the Physiotherapist /MDT.
12. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Skills & Experience
• Recent experience in acute healthcare setting
• Clinical competencies relevant for role
• Knowledge/experience of physiotherapy interventions
• Basic supplies management experience
• NVQ level 2 in healthcare
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.