We are currently sourcing for a Theatre HCA to join our Will Adams NHS Treatment Centre. The Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will support the Theatre staff. The role involves contact on a physical and psychological level with patients and their families. The post holder will be responsible for providing high quality care and undertake a range of activities under the supervision of a registered nurse, having been assessed and deemed competent in the activities required.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £16,009.50 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To support the registered nurse and operating department practitioner in implementing an agreed plan of care in association with the patient and in accordance with instructions and training received.
• To promote safe patient care and to be willing to develop and apply new skills to maintain and enhance clinical service delivery.
• Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient.
• Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with theatre colleagues and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
• Provide support and assistance to qualified staff.
• To be responsible for cleaning/washing theatre and accessories before commencement of list, between cases and at the end of the list.
• To maintain high standards of infection prevention and control within the theatre and endoscopy area, during clinical care and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control needs
• To assist with transportation of patient to and from the ward.
• To assist in the safe transfer and positioning of patients.
• To support the practitioners with the care and prevention of pressure sores, in the safe manual handling and moving of immobile patients applicable to the environment.
• To undertake the role of circulator in theatre ensuring that the requirements of the scrub nurse and/or surgeon is met effectively and in a timely fashion.
• To have a clear understanding and to participate in the accurate accounting of all disposable and non-disposable instruments, items and sharps before, during and after any clinical procedure.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working in a Health Care Assistant role or other caring roles.
• Experience of working within the operating department.
• Understands the need for strict confidentiality.
• Understands and committed to a caring approach to patients and relatives.
• Able to carry out basic procedures as delegated by and under the direction of qualified theatre practitioner staff.
• Varied “life skills”
• Good standard of literacy
• I. T. training
• NVQ level 2 in operating department support
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.