We are currently sourcing for a Healthcare Assistant to join our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre. The Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide support to the qualified staff, ensuring a safe and effective clinical service is provided to all users across the day unit, this will involve working within Theatres. You will work as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team within the Theatre department as well as providing a patient focused service within the unit, expanding the role appropriately under supervision and guidance of a trained nurse
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £17,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Understands the importance of the patient and places them at the centre of service. Demonstrates that he/she consults and involves patients in decisions about their care and well-being. Demonstrates understanding of fundamental legal practices related to consent and the prevention of abuse.
• Is able to implement holistic, culturally sensitive, respectful, non-judgemental fundamental care from a pre-determined care plan for patients with a wide range of care needs.
• Undertakes other care practices as directed by the Registered Nurse, but is able to carry out routine patient care duties at own discretion. To perform tasks within their scope of practice, where competency assessments have been completed and adhering to CARE UK polices and procedures, to enhance the quality of patient focused service provided;
• Undertakes specific skills such as involvement in Who checklist, and swab checking following completion of appropriate training, and, on instruction, from Registered Nurse.
• To effectively communicate with all medical, nursing and staff of other disciplines.
• To be responsible for the keeping of accurate and confidential records; and seeking counter signature to relevant entries
• To provide support to the trained staff in both the theatre environment working under supervision to deliver required tasks.
• Support patients undergoing local anaesthetic/sedation procedures and during induction of anaesthesia in conjunction with the qualified practitioner.
• Assist with documentation relating to patients, specimens, swab checks, electronic patient records ensuring all information is securely held, accurate, complete and legible.
• Enter data, obtain and collate information from computer systems, using agreed software packages in conjunction with other members of the team.
• Assist with the preparation of the clinical environment for safe practice by ensuring that the appropriate level of cleanliness is maintained, relevant materials, and any equipment is ready for use, including clearing away and restoring equipment / environment afterwards following CARE UK policy.
• Provide support to medical and clinical surgical team in the theatre environment.
Skills & Experience
• At least 1 years experience working within an acute or elective healthcare environment
• Good basic communication skills
• Numerate and literate
• Good general education
• NVQ qualifications or recognised HCA course equivalent to NVQ 3 care related
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.