We are currently sourcing for a Sterile Services Technician to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Sterile Services Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide a high standard of decontamination and sterile services in the Treatment Centre. To work in co-operation with theatres, to provide a flexible and efficient service that is responsive to the needs of patients, surgeons and the Treatment Centre. The CSSD Technician is responsible for helping to maintain the supplies inventory.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £10.50 per hour dependant on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Sterile Services Manager
• To participate in the reprocessing of reusable medical devices. This includes the washing, disinfecting, assembling, sterilisation and tracking of theatre trays and single instrumentation. All trays to be produced ‘fit for use’ and following department procedures.
• Ensure accurate records are maintained in relation to volume and non-conformance, stock etc.
• Ensure stock levels are maintained & assist with re-ordering in line with department guidelines.
• Update and maintain the computer system for tracking and monitoring instruments and trays.
• Establish and maintain effective communication links with all Treatment Centre staff.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
• Work to prescribed standards in order to minimise risk and retain customer satisfaction, customer being surgeon, theatre team and ultimately the patient.
• To participate in audits and assist with the introduction of changes in practice, which improve the quality of care for patients.
• Identify personal training needs.
• Ensure that all equipment processed for use is correctly labelled and available as required.
• Ensure that any equipment leaving the centre is correctly documented.
• Keep areas of work clean and tidy in accordance with departmental housekeeping policy.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety guidance, particularly in regard to personal protective equipment; risk identification and COSHH legislation.
• Comply with the company performance review system and attend an appraisal every year.
• Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met.
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
• To maintain standards of infection control within the department.
• Assist with the management of annualized hours.
• Produce off-duty rosters, ensuring skill mix and standards are maintained
• Manage ordering and stock levels in the absence of the CSSD Manager.
Skills & Experience
• Experience gained in a healthcare or similar setting
• Previous experience of working in CSSD
• Good standard of education and numerate
• Good standard of written and spoken English
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.