We are currently sourcing for a Part Time Patient Administrator to join our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre. The Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will work as a member of the administration team to provide a comprehensive administration/booking role to the Unit, ensuring that all patients are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner, which endorses the patient centred approach of the team. To assist in the operational function of the Unit.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Part Time, 22.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £11,016 (£18,360 pro rata) dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Administration Team Lead
· Provide an efficient and effective reception service to patients, staff and visitors. To meet and greet all arrivals in a professional and customer/patient centred approach in line with the customer service standards of CARE UK.
· To answer telephone calls from patients, GP surgeries and other hospital staff on all aspects relating to booking appointments. To distribute calls and messages.
· Booking patients theatre appointments following breach guidelines, consultant restrictions and making sure any funding requests have been made.
· Booking patient pre operative and follow up appointments.
· Provide advice in all matters relating to patient’s appointments, both by telephone and face to face.
· To be responsible for booking patient transport as requested, to call taxis for patients or visitors. To occasionally arrange return transport for visiting consultants.
· To use the computer system to record patient information including cancellations, DNA’s and patient’s attendance to outpatients or for theatres.
· To operate an efficient Patient Administration System to ensure the timely and accurate recording of administrative and clinical information.
· To sort post incoming and outgoing; both internal and external mail. Accept parcel deliveries throughout the day, and to frank all outgoing mail.
· To receive hospital business/visitors to the treatment centre, deal with enquiries and direct visitors as necessary, ensuring they sign in and out and return visitor badges and/or keys.
· To provide cover for other departments e.g. Bookers, discharge co-ordinators, medical records if required by Manager.
Skills & Experience
· Substantial reception experience in Healthcare or service sector
· Experienced team worker
· Experience of dealing with the public in person and by phone
· Good general education, GCSE/O’level standard including English or equivalent
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.