We are currently sourcing for a Part Time Administrator to join our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre. The Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will have clinical, organisational, administrative and developmental responsibilities. It is essential that the post holder has substantial pre-existing patient management skills and knowledge of clinical administation systems.
The Radiology Service is undergoing significant development and expansion and the holder of the post will be required to be flexible in terms of their working hours as there may be an element of evening working.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Part Time, 22.5 Hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £9.30 per hour dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To work closely with the Department Manager, Radiologist and Radiographers, as part of an integrated team to assist with the delivery of safe, high quality services to patients and users of the service.
• To undertake accurate entry of patient information into the Treatment Centre Hospital Information System.
• To coordinate and manage the scheduling/Booking of patients referred to the Department both internally and externally.
• To book, cancel and alter appointments for all patients following strict standard operating procedures/guidelines
• To demonstrate highly developed interpersonal patient management skills within the Radiology Department as required.
• To effectively communicate to patients the details of all imaging procedures undertaken within the Radiology Department.
• To be high organised and able to work under time pressures.
• To liaise effectively with all Treatment Centre Departments and ensure that inter-departmental data flow is efficient and responsive at all times.
• To assist with the entry of scanned imaging information into the Treatment Centre Health Information System (PACS).
• To send verified Radiology reports via secured computer system in a timely manner.
• To assist with managing patient flow both in to and out of the Radiology Department including the provision of a patient reception service.
• To assist the Radiology Department Manager with general administration duties within the Department.
• To maintain the Radiology Department Patient Record System, entering and editing accurately in accordance with local SOP`s/ guidelines.
• To prioritise tasks in order of importance and manage own time to complete all tasks to a high standard.
• To have a high level of customer service particularly during phone conversations with patients and staff. To include the ability to explain complex information in simple and understandable terms.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working within primary or secondary healthcare administration.
• Good telephone skills including the ability to effectively communicate clinical information to patients and referring clinicians.
• Good general education
• Evidence of continual career development.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.