We are currently sourcing for an Outpatient Administrator to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Administration Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will work as a member of the Outpatient and Pre-assessment administration team to provide a comprehensive administration role to the Unit, ensuring that all patients are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner, which endorses the patient centred approach of the team. To assist in the operational function of the Unit.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £17,000 dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Outpatient and Pre-assessment Admin Lead
• To contact patients’ Pre Operatively by telephone, following a pre written script.
• To collate patients results following their Pre Assessment.
• To contact patients on internal waiting lists to offer earlier appointments.
• To monitor Clinic capacity and any shortfall notified to the Bookings team.
• To track patient case notes into and out of the OPAT department.
• To pull patient information together where appropriate for outpatient clinics and Endoscopy lists.
• To be flexible to work to shift patterns this will include evenings and weekend working hours.
• To provide cover across the department, in the event of staff shortages.
• To understand and become fully conversant with the CARE UK competency model and its application
• To use computer system to record patient information
Skills & Experience
• Relevant administrative experience in Healthcare or Service Sector
• Experienced team worker
• Experience of dealing with the public in person and by phone
• Good general education to GCSE/O’level standard of education including English or equivalent
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.