We are currently sourcing for a Theatre Team Lead for Surgery to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. Our Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of all aspects of clinical and non-clinical work within the Surgical service ensuring the provision and delivery of consistently high standards of care and safety in accordance with Care UK values, objectives, policies and legal requirements. You would also be responsible for the coordinating of theatres on a rotational basis, all aspects of staffing related to the Theatre department to facilitate and maintain the high standards of the unit for that day, deputise for the Theatre Manager for relevant meetings and conferences.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £35,500 dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Act as a patient advocate
• Participate in the improvement of clinical standards, analysing key performance indicators and using the benchmarking process to effectively improve the service
• Demonstrate the ability to challenge current practice, by actively promoting change, acting as a change agent where required
• Develop service improvements by updating and implementing new practices and products in accordance with Care UK and National guidelines and in conjunction with the Theatre Manager
• Ensure all equipment and resources are available to perform procedures according to the individual needs of the patient
• Demonstrate expert knowledge and skills in specialities updating and implementing new practices when required
• Ensure policies / protocols / SOP’s are adhered to, updated, monitored and maintained to continually improve patient care
• Be responsible for safe handling and storage of all drugs in accordance with departmental and Care UK policies
• Promote high standards of care by demonstrating the ability to develop and empower the team, acting as a positive role model at all times.
• Lead the preparation and checking of Theatres, making ready all equipment and instruments for the Theatre list
• Ensure the safety of patients throughout operating procedures working in partnership within the multidisciplinary team
• To be proficient and up to date with Theatre polices and procedures ensuring continuous improvement in patient care developed through the use of evidence based practice
Skills & Experience
• Extensive years post graduation experience in the Operating environment
• Recent experience at Senior Theatre Practitioner Level
• Change management experience and knowledge of developing new ways of working
• Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff
• Knowledge processes within the CSSD departments
• Experience of managing Human Resources matters
• Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered ODP
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
• Relevant Teaching /Assessing certificate or equivalent
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.