We are currently hiring for a Theatre Manager to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will be expected to work with colleagues across the three operating theatres, ground floor. Endoscopy and minor theatre, first floor within Peninsula treatment centre and will be expected to ensure resources are coordinated effectively and efficiently. You will be expected to provide specialist practice advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients and their relatives.
You will be responsible for the operational management and professional leadership of the theatre suite and will play a key role and maintain a proactive approach to managing the patient flow through the department, working closely with colleagues within the theatre team and Inpatient Ward.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
•A competitive salary of up to £47,000 per annum
•Contributory pension scheme
•25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
•CPD and revalidation support
•Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
•Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Head of Nursing and Clinical Services
• To manage the theatre complex to meet the requirements of high quality patient care, using advanced specific clinical knowledge and skills ensuring care activities comply with Care UK policies and procedures and are adhere too by all members of the theatre team.
• Provide specialist clinical advice to the theatre teams
• Assess, develop and implement pathways of care within the unit in conjunction with other health care professionals, ensuring optimum patient flow through the wards and theatres.
• Take an active role in developing staff to achieve advanced clinical practice within the unit.
• Co-ordinate and supervise the development and implementation of evidence based care within the unit. Ensuring all care and treatment provided is evidence based.
• Ensure that practice within the unit conforms to the NMC/HCPC Code of Professional Practice.
• To ensure that patients have made informed decisions about their surgery and that patient consent meets legal requirement.
• To ensure comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients.
• To ensure theatre incidents are managed appropriately and reported and investigated in a timely fashion.
• To manage the organisational functions and resources within the unit ensuring quality and cost-effectiveness of the theatre department and service delivery from supplier’s e.g. implants or equipment and report monthly on issues of concern.
• Monitor expenditure ensuring efficient and economical use of all available resources.
• Ensure all stock items used per patient, per procedure are accurately recorded and captured onto the stock control system.
• Ensure the theatre department is adequately and safely staffed within the agreed labour hour’s establishment and cost targets and implement corrective actions when required.
Skills & Experience
• Substantial relevant experience in theatre with recent experience at a senior level
• Experience of developing and evaluating patient care pathways
• Evidence of commitment to teaching and assessing.
• Has taken an active leadership role in promoting, developing and sustaining the key focus areas for nursing.
• NMC Registered Nurse or HCPC Registered ODP
• Theatre Qualified or Diploma in Operating Theatre Technique
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. Not ready to apply but want more information, please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.