We are currently sourcing for a Senior Staff Nurse Leader to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. Our Ward Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide a high quality, cost effective service within the Ward; maintaining the highest standard of care and safety supported by evidence based practice. Whilst ensuring the effective management of the Ward as well as making sure that nursing is practiced within the constraints of and guided by regulations.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
•CPD and revalidation support
•Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
•Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To act as Clinical Lead for all Registered Nurses on the Ward supporting and working with the Ward manager/deputy ward manager
• Provides skilled and considerate nursing care to patients in the Ward taking into account their specific needs during procedures utilising the appropriate CARE UK Integrated Care Pathway (ICP).
• Be responsible for ensuring the equipment is handled correctly and maintained in a safe working order, and reports any defects promptly ensuring repairs are undertaken
• To act as advocate for patients within the department, to ensure a patient orientated approach to the delivery of care and to meet National Minimum Standards and other guidelines.
• To be responsible for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records, ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
• To be responsible for safe discharge planning, ensuring that all discharge requirements are in place prior to the patients’ leaving the facility
• To promote the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of ward patients
Management and leadership
• To provide clear and consistent communication to the multidisciplinary team achieving and maintaining high morale based on sound organisation
• To ensure policies and procedures are implemented and reviewed in line with changes in practice and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) key lines of enquiry.
• To ensure staff are assessed and found competent in all Clinical practices, particularly including the mentorship of new, student and junior staff.
• To formulate and deliver a collaborative programme of patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
• Promote positive inter-departmental communication and co-operation to enable the hospital to deliver an excellent service
• Promote and maintain good working and interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, staff, management, medical staff and other health professionals
Skills & Experience
• Extensive post registration surgical experience in a variety of surgical specialties.
• Ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
• Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance
• Ability to manage a team and plan their work effectively
• Ability to teach/train nursing staff
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to monitor and control resources
• Excellent time management skills
• Is familiar with the company Safety and Infection control policy and procedures
• Computer literacy
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• A qualification in teaching and assessment
• Immediate Life support (ILS)
• Evidence of continuing professional development
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.