We are currently hiring for a Registered Nurse to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Day Surgery Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
Youi will deliver a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice as well as ensuring that nursing is practised within the constraints of and guided by all relevant Department of Health Legislation.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Saturday.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £28,000 per annum
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager
· Responsible for admitting and preparing patients for their procedure/operation, as well as 2nd stage recovery and post operative care within the day surgery and endoscopy units.
· Provides skilled and considerate nursing care to patients in the Day Surgery unit and Endoscopy Department taking into account their specific needs for procedures utilising the appropriate CARE UK Integrated Care Pathway (ICP).
· To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care.
· To formulate and deliver a collaborative programme of patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
· Ensure the Day Surgery unit and endoscopy department are prepared.
· Be responsible for ensuring the equipment is handled correctly and maintained in a safe working order, and reports any defects promptly ensuring repairs are undertaken
· To act as advocate for patients within the department, to ensure a patient orientated approach to the delivery of care and to meet National Minimum Standards and other guidelines.
· To be responsible for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records, ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
· To be responsible for safe discharge planning, ensuring that all discharge requirements are in place prior to the patients’ leaving the facility
· To promote the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of Day surgery and Endoscopy patients
· To provide appropriate information to patients and their relatives concerning the patient’s condition
Skills & Experience
· Recent post registration experience preferred
· Experience in a day surgery unit will be an advantage
· NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.