We are currently hiring for an Registered Nurse to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Outpatient Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of patient care, managing and organising a work load on a daily basis. The post holder will also be responsible for answering the help line, managing the telephone calls and dealing with issues arising from the calls, either by giving advise or seeking help from Clinicians or the RMO. The post holder will ensure effective communication in which high quality patient care is delivered.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £29,070 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Outpatients & Endoscopy Manager
• To actively and consistently promote the highest standard of patient care ensuring that all care given is to the highest possible standard according to professional body guidelines, research based nursing practice and Care UK policies and procedures
• Conduct a comprehensive preoperative patient education session to ensure that planned inpatients receive adequate education regarding their surgical procedure, preparation for their stay and rehabilitation expectations.
• To understand and become fully conversant with any Care UK competency models and their application.
• Responsible for ensuring that clinical audit are undertaken successfully when asked to do so and standards are achieved.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
Skills & Experience
• Recent experience at Band 5 level or equivalent
• Experience in a pre-assessment/outpatient setting
• Ability to demonstrate evidence based practice.
• NMC Registered General Nurse Part 1
• Basic/ Intermediate Life Support Skills
• ECG and Venepuncture training
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.