We are currently sourcing for an Registered Nurse to join our Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre. Our Ward Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the wards. To deliver a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice .
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £29,000 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To work with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and staff.
• To carry out patient assessments and ensure that patients are medically fit for the surgery.
• To be responsible for initiating discharge planning arrangements and undertaking care activities when required.
• Undertake assessment of baseline observations, referring problems to relevant members of primary and secondary health care teams, taking appropriate remedial action and ensuring patients are followed-up appropriately. Following clinical assessment make appropriate recommendations regarding patient’s medical fitness for surgery, including suspension and referral of patients.
• To provide patients who have been assessed with expert knowledge and health promotion advice, initiating discharge planning.
• To maintain personal/professional development, clinical knowledge and skills.
• To be aware of current advances in clinical care and to develop research awareness in self and others in order to improve the clinical environment.
• To participate in the supervising and teaching of other staff and students in the department.
• To contribute to developing the clinical learning environment in the departments.
• To be involved in relevant project work in the clinic and share your findings with other members of the team.
Skills & Experience
• Recent post registration practical experience
• Evidence of continued development
• Excellent assessment skills
• Computer literate
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.