We are currently hiring for a Recovery Nurse/Practitioner to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Theatre Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will provide clinical care working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards for all patients requiring all aspects of preoperative, peri operative and postoperative care, following appropriate training encompassing a variety of specialities ensuring patients are appropriately monitored and cared for pre and following their surgery and ensure patients are fit and discharged from the unit appropriately
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
•A competitive salary of up to £32,000 per annum dependent on experience
•Contributory pension scheme
•25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
•CPD and revalidation support
•Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
•Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care within his/her sphere of responsibility, having regard for the differing needs of sedation, anaesthesia, endoscopy, surgery and recovery
• Participate as a member of the team, to demonstrate and develop clinical assessment skills and the ability to prioritise the care for patients undergoing surgical/anaesthetic procedures, acting as a resource person for others in the planning of care thereby providing total patient care during the perioperative visit ensuring a safe environment
• Assist with implementation and monitoring of patient care standards in collaboration with others
• Utilise a questioning approach to patient care and application of research within clinical practice. To raise awareness of relevant research findings in clinical practice complying with the principles of Clinical Governance. To actively participate in the audit process
• To ensure that the personal care provided to patients us always of the highest level
• To ensure that all care and information provided to patients is adequately documented within the care pathway, meeting NMC and regulatory standards
• To provide appropriate information to patients and their relatives concerning the patient’s condition and ensure they are fully prepared for discharge home or to the ward
• To be responsible for the delivery of total patient care following surgery, under General, Epidural, Spinal and Local Anaesthesia
• To ensure that the Recovery area is a clean and safe environment for the treatment of post-operative patients
• To ensure that all emergency equipment i.e. resuscitation trolleys, anaesthetic machine suction and oxygen outlets, are all functioning and ready for use
• To ensure that all resuscitation equipment and stock items are available, checked and fit for purpose, checking all expiry dates. All staff will participate in the stock take process
• To ensure that all patient trolleys are fully functional and equipped. Check that oxygen cylinders are sufficiently full and ready for use
• To ensure that all controlled drugs are ordered, checked, registered and correct as per policy
• To receive post-operative patients from theatre and receive hand over from anaesthetist and scrub person as per policy
Skills & Experience
• Recent experience within an acute environment with experience in the recovery of patients following surgery
• Previous experience in pre-assessment
• NMC Registered Nurse or HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioner
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. Not ready to apply but want more information, please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.