I help to make a difference!
Are you collaborative, caring and compassionate?
Prisons are one of the most challenging, yet rewarding places for healthcare professionals to work - if you’re looking for a role where you can develop your existing skills and learn something new every day, then this is the place to be.
As a healthcare provider, we recognise the fact that prisoners are a socially excluded group with complex healthcare needs that can often be associated with poor outcomes. We believe in putting the patient first, regardless of the environment or their history.
Care UK is the Health in Justice market leader - 4 years ago we were managing 12 prison healthcare services and in 2020 we're providing healthcare services in over 40 prisons across the country.
We can offer training and development in our friendly and supportive teams as well as full-time, part-time and bank opportunities and a range of other employee benefits.
Interested in clinical development?
We could give you the opportunity to develop in to a specialist role of your interest and benefit to the service i.e. ANP, BBV, sexual health, plastering, ILS/ALS (intermediate life support and advanced life support), health promotion, phlebotomy, vaccinations, suturing, wound care, RCGP, and long term condition courses.
What do we need from you so you can do the job?
You will be a registered nurse and able to demonstrate suitable experience. Your role will include:
• To coordinate and manage all national screening programmes to take place within HMP Brixton to ensure proactive identification and treatment.
• To ensure access to screening, immunisations and health promotions to all the prison population at HMP Brixton.
• To coordinate and manage the sexual health services, including Point of Care Testing for HIV, Hep C and Hep B.
• To undertake Chlamydia testing for all under 21s.
• To work in collaboration with the practice nurse in ensuring that the Flu vaccination is offered and promoted to all those eligible for the programme.
• To Coordinate and manage the TB services and ensure appropriate referrals to the GP take place.
• To manage and lead junior staff working in primary care
In return for your hard work you will...
Receive an annual salary of up to £39,000 - depending on experience. You'll also get a number of benefits including a company contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus 8 public bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time) plus CPD and re-validation support.
Other benefits include cycle to work scheme plus training and clinical development opportunities.
If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for this role.
The recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager and in turn we will arrange an interview for you to attend at HMP Brixton if the hiring managers feel that you are suitable for the job.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
We reserve the right to close this role early once a sufficient number of applications have been received.