We are currently sourcing for an Pre-assessment Nurse to join our Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre. Our Outpatient Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will act as a resource expert in their clinical area as well as work closely with the Anaesthetic team to determine patient’s suitability for surgery. Performing the pre-operative assessment will seek advice from the anaesthetist if they are not sure of a patient’s suitability for anaesthetic.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week between 8am - 6pm.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive annual salary of up to £29,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Outpatient Department Clinical Manager
· Patients are better prepared physically, psychologically and socially for their surgery
· Arrangements are in place to facilitate a smooth pre and post-operative course, including a well-planned discharge.
· Consistent and appropriate action is taken for patients with medical problems affecting fitness for surgery.
· A named consultant anaesthetist will have overall responsibility for the patient’s anaesthetic fitness ensuring that the following are in place: Selection criteria, guidelines for pre-operative investigations and a clear mechanism for referral of abnormal test results, or patients requiring a more detailed assessment by an anaesthetist.
· The Consultant responsible for the patients care is ultimately responsible for patient selection for a procedure, and for supporting all health care professionals involved with Pre-Operative Assessment.
· The nurse has the responsibility for procedure specific patient information leaflets and instruction sheets, as well Anaesthetic leaflets.
· To work with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and staff.
· To carry out patient assessments and ensure that patients are medically fit for the surgery.
· To be responsible for initiating discharge planning arrangements and undertaking care activities when required.
· Undertake assessment of baseline observations, referring problems to relevant members of primary and secondary health care teams, taking appropriate remedial action and ensuring patients are followed-up appropriately.
· Following clinical assessment make appropriate recommendations regarding patient’s medical fitness for surgery, including suspension and referral of patients.
· To provide patients who have been assessed with expert knowledge and health promotion advice, initiating discharge planning.
Skills & Experience
· 2 years experience
· Recent Outpatient/Pre-Assessment experience
· Orthopaedic experience
· Registered Nurse
· Evidence of Continual Professional Development
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.