Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner
North East London
I am currently recruiting for an Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner to Conducting basic theatre duties as allocated by the Unit Manager or the Senior Nurse on Duty to meet the standards required by the Company in providing a high quality service to patients.
Care UK provide modern, GP services & treatment centres for the NHS, Prison services and mental health & learning disability services, this role sits in our North East London hospital.
• To be responsible for the cleaning and disinfection of the theatre and equipment, in between, and after the daily theatre cases.
• To participate in the management of infection control within the department.
• To be responsible for the “total patient” in your care during the peri-operative phase.
• To understand and execute the correct procedures for ordering, receiving and transfer of blood and blood products as well as blood conservation.
• To act as the advocate for the patient during the intra-operative phase and understand the patient depending on the theatre staff for:
o maintaining privacy and confidentiality
o preventing injuries
o preventing sepsis
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• Relevant theatre experience as a scrub practitioner.
• Evidence of competence as a scrub practitioner
• Effective management of all resources especially financial and human.
• Knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department.
• Demonstrates knowledge of change management.
• Organisational and management skills within a team.
If you are looking to join an energetic and vibrant organisation that truly makes a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis, please either apply for the role or contact Martyn Kingsbury on 0118 952 1921