We are currently hiring for a Fixed Term Ward Manager to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Ward Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will ensure the effective management of the Inpatient Ward as well as delivering a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice. You will ensure that nursing is practised within the constraints of and guided by all relevant Department of Health Legislation.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Contract Length - 1 Year Maternity Cover. Potential for Permanent extension afterwards.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £37,500 per annum
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Head of Nursing and Clinical Services Manager
• Take responsibility for Care Quality Commission and CNST audits
• To maintain a system for reviewing quality of treatment
• To maintain own CPD by undertaking periodic training to update his/her knowledge, skills and competence to manage the establishment.
• Implement, promote and maintain the Care UK patient satisfaction feedback system.
• To support all staff through Clinical engagement working within the Ward environment on a weekly basis to include one night shift every quarter or more frequently should the need arise.
• Managing the Ward to ensure co-ordination and delivery of all work activities within area of responsibility during that time.
• To closely manage and develop the shift leaders so that they effectively carry out the day to day supervision required on a shift.
• To ensure delivery of high quality patient-focused care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
• Be constantly available to help where assistance is needed
• To ensure the department achieves all clinical governance requirements and participate in audit reviews.
• To ensure staff are assessed and found competent in all Clinical practices, particularly including the mentorship of new, student and junior staff.
• To formulate and deliver a collaborative programme of patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
• To review and develop, policies, procedures and protocols within the Ward environment.
• To attend monthly Quality Governance meetings. HOD’s monthly and weekly communication and scheduling meetings.
• To supervise and support junior/support staff in the delivery of care, providing education, training and mentorship to meet developmental needs.
• Ensure the integration of patient education into prescribed nursing care plans (this should include the education of relatives/significant other when applicable)
• Promote and support other members of the multi-disciplinary team with regards to ethical decision-making and patient advocacy
• To ensure that comprehensive induction and foundation training is implemented for all new staff and that a mentorship programme is in place
Skills & Experience
• Extensive post registration experience preferred with experience in HDU/ITU
• Experience in an Orthopaedic Ward will be an advantage
• Nurse management experience
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• Immediate Life support (ILS)
• Evidence of continuing professional development
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.