We are currently hiring for an Endoscopy Nurse to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Endoscopy Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide a high quality, cost effective service within the Endoscopy department; maintaining the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff. To be competent in all aspects of clinical practice/ endoscopy techniques and procedures within the Endoscopy Department. You will also provide clinical and managerial support to the Department Lead Nurse and Senior endoscopy Nurse in the development and implementation of high quality care protocols to provide a highly effective fast track service for all Endoscopy procedures. Work towards developing and maintaining a cohesive multidisciplinary team.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £29,070 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Outpatient & Endoscopy Manager
• Provides skilled and considerate nursing care to patients in the Endoscopy Department taking into account their specific needs during procedures utilising the appropriate CARE UK Integrated Care Pathway (ICP).
• Prepares the endoscopy room and equipment and provides specialist assistance to the endoscopist throughout the procedure as required
• To take part in the day to day maintenance and cleaning of specialist equipment in line with national decontamination standards and maintain associated records
• Ensures that equipment is handled correctly and maintained in a safe working order, and reports any defects promptly to the department manager, ensuring repairs are undertaken
• To act as advocate for patients within the department, to ensure a patient orientated approach to the delivery of care and to meet National Minimum Standards and other guidelines.
• To be responsible for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records, ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
• To be responsible for safe discharge planning, ensuring that all discharge requirements are in place prior to the patients’ leaving the facility
• To promote the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of Endoscopy patients
• To provide appropriate information to patients and their relatives concerning the patient’s condition
• Appropriately reports any variance from the ICP which affects patient care and/or length of stay.
• To ensure that nursing care is based on sound and current research and will initiate, participate and promote nursing research and evidence based practice.
• Play an active role in the Clinical Governance Strategy, working in close liaison with the appropriate personnel ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are recorded, monitored and achieved.
• To participate in clinical audit and lead on the collection of data as required in accordance with the Global Rating Scale (GRS) JAG Accreditation and other internal audits as identified.
Skills & Experience
• Experience in day care/ short stay nursing
• Experience in Endoscopy with relevant clinical experience
• Registered Nurse Level 1
• Educated to diploma level or willingness to undertake further education
• IV drug administration, venepuncture and cannulation
• Evidence of continual professional development to meet NMC requirements
• Basic / Intermediate life support skills
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.