A new opportunity has arisen for a registered nurse to join our team at the Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre on the Bank.
With an excellent reputation The Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been delivering high quality care to NHS patients in Somerset for 12 years. The hospital has been assessed as top of the national PROMS table from patients having had knee replacements and eighth nationally for hip replacements. It was also recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in a newly published inspection report - putting the it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
We offer a range of treatments across a number of specialities including general surgery, orthopaedics, endoscopy, gastroenterology. gynaecology, urology, ENT and ophthalmology. We also provide diagnostic imaging and pain management services.
Working as part of the multidisciplinary team you will deliver direct patient care, delegating and supervising care delivery of healthcare assistants.
Key duties will include:
• Providing high quality nursing care and support and develop team members as appropriate
• Assessing and accurately maintaining clinical observations of the patient, escalating as indicated when variances occur
• Taking charge of the ward in the absence of more senior staff
• Being responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential records
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Relevant post registration experience
• Recent experience in a surgical ward
• Clinical skills in performing ECGs, venepuncture and IV drug administration
• NMC Registered Nurse Level 1
• ILS (or willingness to undertake)
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Care UK has been awarded an 8 year contract, in partnership with Somerset Partnership NHS Trust, to develop and manage the health and wellbeing campus at Shepton Mallet. This is an exciting venture, one which will give an opportunity to progress innovative ways of providing healthcare in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View’s vision of bringing care closer to home. The prospect for individuals working with us in this dynamic leading-edge environment will give professional healthcare practitioners a chance to drive improvements in local healthcare provision.
For more information about Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre please visit http://www.sheptonmallettreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.