We are currently sourcing for a Bank Registered Nurse to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Day Surgery Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will deliver a high standard of patient care supported by evidence based practice as well as to ensure that nursing is practiced within the constraints of and guided by all relevant Department of Health Legislation.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable hours, to cover workload, annual leave and sickness
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £15.50 per hour dependent on experience
Day Surgery and Endoscopy Manager
• To deliver high quality patient care that is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
• To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care as part of a collaborative programme of patient care.
• To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and it’s reporting as required.
• To undertake delegated responsibility for senior staff during short periods of absence.
• Ensure verbal consent is received from patients/clients before carrying out interventional clinical activities.
• Wound care: provide effective treatment and care in the wound management of all patients
• Skin protection: actively manage all patients risk assessing patients to identify those at high risk, taking action as appropriate. Maintain the skin integrity of all patients
• Diagnostic and therapeutic interventions: ensure patients receive any intervention as necessary during their care pathway.
• Psycho-social support, rehabilitation and teaching: provide ongoing or intermittent support and teaching to all patients and family
• Consciously develop a team approach to patient care
• Be constantly available to help where assistance is needed
• Ensure the integration of patient education into prescribed nursing care plans (this should include the education of relatives/significant other when applicable)
• Promote and support other members of the multi-disciplinary team with regards to ethical decision-making and patient advocacy
• To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines, Care UK policies and procedures.
• Intravenous infusion: ensure the management of the intravenous infusion, intravenous site and intravenous medication
• Injections: administer all prescribed medication as per protocols.
• Pain management: Ensure adequate intervention to maintain pain relief at an acceptable level, accepting patients are all unique individuals with varying perceptions of pain.
• Oral / rectal / vaginal medication: administer as prescribed and as per protocol.
Skills & Experience
• Recent post registration experience
• Experience on a day surgery unit
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.