About the Job
Do you have the passion to make a difference to patients who have an urgent care need and are unable to attend their GP? Are you looking to add extra skills to your portfolio? If so, look no further, as we could have the job for you!
We have a permanent opportunity for an evening/overnight ANP within our North East Essex OOH service, covering Tendring and Colchester. Although we are ideally looking for an ANP to work on a salaried basis, we can also consider applicants who are able to work overnights on a self-employed or bank basis. We also have permanent opportunities available on weekend days, should this be of interest instead.
The North East Essex OOH service provides advice, information and treatment for NHS patients who become unwell during the out-of-hours period when their own GP surgery is closed.
The OOH’s operates out of two existing primary care centres in Essex, however we are specifically looking for ANPs who are able to work in the locations below;
• North Colchester Healthcare Centre, Colchester
• Clacton & District Hospital, Clacton
The skill mix within these services is ANP’s, UCP’s and GP’s, incorporating urgent care, telephone triage, face to face appointments and home visits.
As part of this job, you'll see, treat and discharge patients of all ages that present minor illnesses or minor injuries, either over the phone or face-to-face in the base or when you're doing a home visit.
About Care UK
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours, prison health services and clinical assessment and diagnostics facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
Care UK is the largest independent provider of urgent care services in England incorporating out of hours, single point of access and referral management. We deliver excellent, high value patient care on behalf of the NHS for over eight million patients across England.
We work with the NHS to deliver high quality healthcare services, reducing waiting times and giving the patient a greater level of choice. We also take healthcare services closer to where people live and work – increasing the efficiency and quality of the services we deliver and helping to reduce waiting times.
If you would like more information, please visit our website: http://careukhealthcare.com
What can we offer you?
• Up to £86000 per annum dependent on experience (pro-rata for part-time)
• Competitive hourly rates for bank/self-employed staff
• Company pension
• Indemnity cover
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Varied, interesting and challenging work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online discounts
How will we support you?
• Regional and national career development opportunities
• Regular clinical supervision and education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case
discussion with the Medical Lead
• Access to our bespoke and comprehensive e-learning system
• ANP and non-medical prescribing updates throughout the year
• Networking opportunities with clinicians in other clinical settings
What we’ll need from you
• Be an autonomous Advanced Nurse Practitioner with recent work experience in a Primary/Urgent
• Experience of Long Term Condition Management
• Hold (or be working towards) an independent prescribing qualification
• Hold an NMC Pin
• Be able to see, treat and discharge patients of all ages
• Have a flare for innovation and an exciting vision for the future of primary care
For further information on Practice Plus, please visit: https://practiceplus.co.uk/
If you would like to talk to one of our friendly recruiters for a full, comprehensive job description or to arrange an informal visit to our new practice in Brighton, please contact Lucy Brown email@example.com / 07811531508
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.