We are currently looking for a Senior Facilities Manager to join our forward thinking, dynamic Management Team. The Facilities Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will cover all sites across the UK but will be currently focused towards the South and South West of England. They will manage and ensure the delivery all aspects of planned, reactive and cyclical maintenance plus small and medium scale project works, within agreed budgets to ensure the existing estate is maintained efficiently and effectively and in compliance with all statutory obligations and Company policies and objectives. Ensuring the delivery of Facilities Management services to a high standard, identifying opportunities that will continuously improve all aspects of FM operations including developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of. We constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Full Time, 40 hours a week
Swindon or Remote based (travel to sites 2x a week)
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £60,000 per annum
• £4,000 Care Allowance
• 10% Discretionary Bonus
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Head of Facilities Management
• Manage and review service contracts to ensure all facility management needs are being met.
• Day-to-day management of the FM provider through performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed SLA’s and KPI’s and accurate budgetary control. Ensure all appropriate contractual processes for contract management are applied.
• Plan, undertake and document regular inspections, quality of work undertaken and conformance checks of the hospitals and service delivery centres producing detailed and accurate reports. Ensure that they all have an up to date compliance records, maintenance records, and that all consequential actions are monitored and successfully managed out.
• Actively ensure that assets are being fully maintained to agreed/required standards and departmental protocols. Ensure periodic servicing certificates are up to date. Ensure engineering log books are being completed and issues escalated as required.
• Lead the development and implementation a dynamic planned preventative maintenance system of management for all property assets, plant and equipment, including regular monitoring and trend analysis and life cycle planning on the FM contractors CAFM systems. Support the development of service delivery for all Hard Facilities services, including asset management across M&E plant, buildings & equipment.
• Lead the development and implementation of the life cycle management for all property assets, plant and equipment, including regular monitoring and trend analysis and life cycle planning with a view to influencing the planning and budget control of an elemental replacement programme for the next and future years.
• Provide planning, technical advice to operations teams and to manage the delivery of facilities projects and minor capital work schemes within agreed budgets, timescales and standards to ensure the estate is maintained efficiently and effectively and in compliance with all statutory obligations. Track project performance specifically to analyse the successful completion of short & long term goals.
• Undertake regular periodic inspections and conformance checks and produce detailed and accurate reports on the projects works including: Quality of work undertaken; completeness of works, records and certification, ensure asset databases are updated with new information including warranty details and that the maintenance schedules are updated to reflect the new assets.
• Health and Safety – work with the Health and Safety team to offer assistance and guidance on matters related to health and safety, and regarding the environment, buildings, engineering services, grounds etc.
• Maintain the safety management system for contractors including induction processes, permits to work, CDM Site Safety Plans etc.
Skills & Experience
• Worked within hospital or health care environment
• Excellent understanding of engineering services and project management
• Considerable experience in managing outsourced contracts
• Considerable experience of working with facilities & infrastructure teams
• Using MS Office applications.
• Effective team working
• Project management
• A good general standard of education
• GCSE English & Maths
• Profession qualification in Engineering Services, Project Management, Building surveyor, Architecture.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.