I help to make a difference!
Are you collaborative, caring and compassionate?
Prisons are one of the most challenging, yet rewarding places for healthcare professionals to work - if you’re looking for a role where you can develop your existing skills and learn something new every day, then this is the place to be.
As a healthcare provider, we recognise the fact that prisoners are a socially excluded group with complex healthcare needs that can often be associated with poor outcomes. We believe in putting the patient first, regardless of the environment or their history.
Care UK is the Health in Justice market leader - 4 years ago we were managing 12 prison healthcare services and in 2020 we're providing healthcare services in over 40 prisons across the country.
We can offer training and development in our friendly and supportive teams and a range of other employee benefits too.
Looking for something a little different?
We are looking for a Regional Quality and Governance Manager to support our prison healthcare sites in the Yorkshire area. These sites include: HMP Wakefield, HMP Leeds, HMP YOI Doncaster, HMP Lindholme, HMP YOI Moorland, HMP Wealstun.
What do we need from you so you can do the job?
To be successful in this role the following is essential:
• Clinical qualification or degree or equivalent
• Experience gained within a health care setting with demonstrable ability to lead challenging colleagues when aspects of quality governance are not being met and improvement is needed.
• In depth knowledge of CQC compliance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to colleagues, commissioners and the public
• Knowledge of the tools which should be applied to create a safe patient environment
• Knowledge of a variety of ways to gain patient feedback
• Skills to coach staff in governance and improvement techniques
A full Job description has been provided.
If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by Lois Evans the Recruiter for this role. The recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager and in turn Lois will arrange an interview for you to attend if the hiring manager feels that you are suitable for the job.
The work is interesting and varied and is an opportunity to make a difference to peoples’ lives, enabling them to improve and maintain their health and wellbeing.
The salary for this role is up to £42,000 per annum - dependent on experience and is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Please note that whilst this role may be home based, you will be supporting all of our Thames Valley region with regular travel to sites and other regional offices/events as deemed required by the National Governance Manager and Thames Valley Regional Manager.
Please note that this role is subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and offers of employment are subject to references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
At Care UK we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.