This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a service which is continually evolving. Working as part of a team supporting the Operations Manager, the post holder will provide comprehensive and varied services to our patients, ensuring the professional delivery of existing, as well as new services.
The post holder will be based at our Southall contact centre and will work alongside both clinical and non-clinical team members. The role will include working across the hours of the business outlined.
The preferred candidate will have experience working in a healthcare service, good customer service and administration skills. The right candidate must be adaptable and hold a flexible approach to organisational change and business demands.
The role will be varied and will include liaising with patients and healthcare professional, trialling and implementing new systems, providing robust feedback and data, as well as supporting systems and processed which are already in place. Some of the systems currently utilised within Practice Plus are; EMIS Web, System One, an online patient portal and online patient consultation tool.
Care UK has been building on its extensive experience in Primary Care to implement new and improved ways of delivering general practice care. The Practice Plus NHS offering is fully operational and we are developing exciting new options for paid for general practice services to be delivered later in the year. The models aim to provide enhanced general practice services to NHS and paying patients through the use of technology, remote care and local clinical services. These new ways of delivering general practice services in the UK utilise Care UK’s extensive clinical contact centre capability as well as optimising patient experience and service quality through use of a comprehensive online capability. The model already includes a central call handling and administrative hub as well as clinical consultations delivered remotely via telephone and video consultations.
Practice Plus provides an increase in opening hours and availability to see a Clinician for every care need. Practice Plus will be open 7 days a week, 365 days a year from 8am to 8pm.
This role is full time 37.5 hours, however part time 12-24 hours or a bank contract can be considered.
Operations Manager – Practice Plus
• Ensure a high level of customer service at all time when dealing with patient enquiries via telephone, and in writing, taking accurate messages, providing information and signposting as appropriate
• Assist patients with over the phone enquiries in regards to the booking of appointments, prescription queries and other general ad-hoc administration duties in relation to patient care
• Ensure the online patient portal system is maintained and tasks are dealt with in the appropriate timeframes
• Treat patients with empathy, dignity, respect and consideration at all times
• Manage difficult patients and complaints in a calm and professional manner, escalating where required
• Support the achievement of quality standards and performance levels relevant to the service
• Record information into clinical and other systems, timely and accurately
• Ensure the timely completion of mandatory and any other training
• Dealing with requests from clinicians, other healthcare professional and colleagues either by telephone or email
• Fulfil registrations for new patients and provide comprehensive information to new and prospective patients on our service offering
• Protect patient confidentiality by adhering to policies and processes around information governance, including Data Protection Act
• Adhere to all other Care UK policies and procedures and report any difficulties in their application to their line manager
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working in a busy and demanding customer focused environment
• Experience of planning and organising own workload within own span of control.
• Excellent customer care skills
• Excellent standard of typing/audio skills using word processor
• Good IT skills (MS office)
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to negotiate, influence and persuade as appropriate
• Ability to adopt an appropriate style and method of communication and deal effectively with people
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work under occasional pressure/stress
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good listening skills
• Adaptable approach to work
• Professional attitude towards patients and their families/ carers
• Friendly and approachable
• Understanding of confidentiality and the importance of maintaining confidentiality for patients.
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
• Good command of spoken and written English.
Salary & Benefits;
This role is full time 37.5 hours role, however part time 12-24 hours or a bank contract can be considered.
• £9.00 per hour (8am-4pm) - £11 per hour (6pm-8pm and weekend)
• 25 day annual leave + bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Online shopping discounts & perks