We are currently sourcing for a Part Time Domestic Housekeeper to join our Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre. The Housekeeping Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder is responsible for providing a high standard of cleaning to clinical and non-clinical areas with the treatment centre. The post holder must operate in line with clearly defined standards and in compliance with policies, and procedures.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 14 hours a week - Saturday & Sunday between 8am to 3pm.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A package including an annual salary of £8.21 per hour, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
•The support of a fantastic team
•Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To ensure that all areas of the treatment centre are cleaned in accordance with the specification laid down for each room.
• To mop, dust and damp wipe all surfaces as appropriate and clean internal glass areas.
• To clean toilet areas including toilet pans, wash basins, floors and wiping walls as necessary.
• To operate buffing/polishing/vacuum/carpet cleaning machinery in accordance with the training provided for each machine.
• Maintain daily record of areas cleaned.
• To report all items of faulty equipment to the supervisor and ensure their removal from service until repaired.
• To contribute generally to the establishment and development of a quality service.
• To maintain the colour coded procedures for compliance with infection control requirements.
• To be responsible for the safe removal of clinical waste from clinical areas and to store it safely in the dedicated storage areas, this will include closing the bags/boxes and labelling in accordance with legislation.
• To be considerate of patients and carers who may be present when undertaking cleaning duties. To ensure patient/public safety whilst working, using appropriate signage.
• To maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ensure the Health and Safety of staff, colleagues and visitors to the centre, report any accidents or incidents via the approved channels using approved documentation
• Comply with the Company Appraisal system and attend an appraisal every year.
• Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met.
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
Skills & Experience
• Previous cleaning experience
• Cleaning experience gained in a healthcare environment
• Able to carry out written and verbal instructions accurately.
• Good communication skills
• A knowledge of health and safety
• Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
• Ability to communicate on the telephone
• An understanding of infection control
• Good standard of written and spoken English
• Computer literate
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.