Join Care UK as a 111 Call Handler
Care UK are looking for an NHS 111 Call Handler to work overnights at our busy NHS 111 call centre in Stoke Gifford - Bristol on a permanent basis.
Want to know more? Take a look! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34UeAVgN_34
About the Job
As a 111 Health Advisor, you will be answering inbound calls from members of the public in need of medical advice. While we are a non-urgent service, some calls can be emotional, distressing or life-threatening, and there will be times when an ambulance may need to be dispatched.
The call centre in Stoke Gifford is open 24 hours a day - 7 days a week, however we are specifically looking for call handlers to work overnight (between 11pm – 7am) as these are our busiest times.
We can offer permanent part-time and full-time contracts ranging between 20 - 37.5 hours per week and we have a variety of shift patterns for you to chose from to fit around your lifestyle.
Training & Support
If successful in your application, we’ll train you up on the NHS Pathways system. There will be a couple of assessments during the training to ensure you are able to deliver safe care to our patients.
We can offer two types of training courses:
• Full Time – Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (lasting for 4 weeks)
• Part Time – Tues – Thurs, 6pm – 10pm and Sat & Sun, 9am – 5pm (lasting for 5 weeks)
Training is then followed by a further 8 weeks of support from our Supervisors and Clinical Advisors before you can be signed-off as a fully-fledged 111 Call handler.
Pay Rates & Benefits
• £9.70 - £12.24 per hour (depending on shifts)
• You’ll also be paid £8.72 per hour whilst training.
What we'll need from you
• Hold GCSE/Functional Skills English & Maths at grade C (or equivalent) or above
• Previous experience of working within a customer service or healthcare environment.
• Have excellent communication skills – including listening and telecommunication
• Have good IT and keyboard skills
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Due to the nature of this role you must be over 18 to apply. However, if you are aged 16-18 years old and would like to learn more about other opportunities with Care UK, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.