We are currently hiring for a Operations Manager to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Treatment Centre is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will be responsible for delivering the operational, strategic, and contractual, requirements of the Treatment Centre. This position is responsible for the management of staff and service delivery of facilities and estates, and performance of sub-contractor agreements. You will also participate in the Manager On-Call rota.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week, Monday - Friday
In return for your hard work you will receive…
•A competitive salary of up to £50,000 per annum
•Contributory pension scheme
•25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
•CPD and revalidation support
•Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
•Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Senior Management & Corporate
• Identifying and following through with colleagues opportunities for improvements in service provision and business efficiency
• To assist with benchmarking services to ensure quality of service
• To assist in the responsibility and accountability for the unit’s budget, working with the Hospital Director, colleagues and staff to ensure the optimum use of resources.
• Promote relationships with all professional bodies; represent the Treatment Centre at external meetings.
• Manage effective relationships with all key stakeholders
• Participate in opportunities to promote and market TC services to maintain and increase referral base - Providing assistance and professional input into new contract opportunities and tenders and contributing to the development of the business / strategic plan for the TC.
• Seek opportunities to acquire new business streams,
• Provide support and advice to statutory and voluntary agencies in the community to ensure a seamless service.
• Lead weekly multi disciplinary scheduling meeting
• Oversee the planning and booking of clinic and theatre sessions to ensure maximum capacity utilisation and meet contractual requirements
• To ensure that working practices and outcomes within areas of responsibility are audited on a regular basis.
• Benchmark systems, processes and services and lead the implementation of appropriate changes to improve quality and outcomes,
• Establishing and maintaining effective management processes to ensure financial/budgetary control.
• Manage safe transfer of patients on an existing pathway to an acute trust/referrer ensuring communication between Care UK and the transferring provider is maintained with patients being offered prompt treatment.
• Oversee weekly performance report ensuring all teams are managing the patient pathway within the agreed administrative KPI.
• Act as the key business link with the TC Senior Finance Manager to ensure mutual understanding of business impact on financial delivery
Skills & Experience
• Understanding of governance and operating within national statutory frameworks e.g. CQC.
• Experience and evidence of effectively managing teams
• Evidence of effective change management
• Awareness of Risk Assessment/Risk Management.
• Management of budgets and an understanding of business and financial models
• Excellent computer skills- IT Literacy-Excel, word, power point,
• Experience of audit and regulatory inspections.
• Data collection and interpretation
• Degree and / or an appropriate professional qualification or equivalent
• Appropriate equivalent managerial experience
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. Not ready to apply but want more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.