We are currently hiring for an Infection Prevention & Control Lead to join our Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre. The Treatment Centre is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will actively assist the Deputy Director Infection Prevention and Control (DD IPC), Head of Nursing and other members of the IP&C team in the prevention & control of health care associated infections. As an advocate of safe clean care, the role is a dedicated force contributing to the national strategy to reduce HCAIs and driving the Care UK strategy of a zero tolerance approach to avoidable infections to minimise the risk of infection to all users.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Part Time, 16 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £15.50 per hour
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Head of Nursing and Clinical Services
• Lead behaviours, skills and competences by example, demonstrating high quality and clear standards of practice throughout the treatment centre
• Adopt a zero tolerance to persistent non-compliance and utilise interpersonal skills and senior leadership to ensure colleague engagement and adherence to safe practice
• Liaise with multidisciplinary teams, Head of Nursing, Governance team, housekeeping, estates, consultants and clinical staff with reference to maintenance of all IPC national, local and corporate IPC processes and policies
• Attend Corporate IP&C forum meetings and study days as appropriate or identified as area of interest/professional developmental need
• Attend local CCG and Partnership IPC forum meetings as organised by local, specialist and partner organisations
• Ensure monthly audits are completed per audit calendar using Care UK tools and format
• Report findings of monthly audits and any IP&C issues to Head of Nursing and Governance Team
• Complete departmental inspections and observations as part of daily routine and encourage colleagues to do the same – keeping HoDs informed at all times
• Maintain and update records (e.g.check lists) regarding infection prevention and control, and assist with the implementation of IP&C policies and strategy
• In consultation with the Medical Director, DD IPC and clinical leads, advise and support other healthcare workers in infection prevention & control issues to promote best practice in areas such as isolation nursing, decontamination of equipment, hand hygiene, correct disposal of waste, prevention of sharp injuries, etc.
• Ensure access and regular use of IC Net to source patient information and results in a timely manner
Skills & Experience
• Experience in an Infection Control management role
• The ability to demonstrate highly developed specialist knowledge of infection prevention and control
• Knowledge of creating systems and processes to ensure best professional practice and compliance and monitoring such processes.
• Knowledge of research and audit including implementation of findings and review outcomes
• Familiarity with CQC Standards, NICE, CNST and other regulatory bodies
• NMC Registered Nurse
• Infection Prevention and Control qualification
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.