We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and commercially astute HR Business Partner to join our Primary Care HR team, looking after our Health in Justice services in the Yorkshire area.
As a healthcare provider, we recognise the fact that prisoners are a socially excluded group with complex healthcare needs that can often be associated with poor outcomes. We believe in putting the patient first, regardless of the environment or their history. We are the market leader, providing care to over 30,000 patients in over 40 prisons across the country.
As the HR Business Partner for Health in Justice services, you will work in close partnership with the Regional Manager and Deputy Regional Manager to manage change, drive higher levels of retention, build engagement and take forward service improvements. You will lead the development and implementation of the People Strategy within your area of responsibility and will manage national projects emanating from this.
This is a home based position but will require frequent travel to our 9 prison healthcare sites in Yorkshire (South and West - HMP Leeds, HMP Wakefield, HMP Wealstun, HMP YOI Askham Grange, HMP YOI New Hall, HMP Doncaster, HMP Lindholme, HMP YOI Moorland and HMP YOI Hatfield) and our Regional Office in Leeds City Centre, as well as other Care UK Regional Offices in London, Reading and Wolverhampton as required.
Our core values are; everyone makes a difference, patients are at the heart of everything we do and together we make things better. If you share these values and have transferable skills we want to meet you!
Senior HR Business Partner
Develop effective working relationships to become an integral part of the regional management team, influencing change and challenging approach were necessary;
• Lead the analysis of management capability and succession planning and ensure that non-compliance is addressed through the correct channels;
• Equip managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their teams; act as the change advocate encouraging buy-in with approaches to increase management capability and utilise services delivered via the HR helpline;
• Lead the development and implementation of a regional People Plan centred around our Get Grow Keep strategy and support services with their local People Plans;
• Support a metrics driven approach to people management and ensure pro-active interventions to reduce missing capacity including absence and turnover;
• Provide expert advice and guidance in support of transformational change, restructures, TUPE and redundancy; ensure commercially focused approach to improve cost and efficiency.
• Lead on the workforce section of the bidding process offering compelling workforce solutions in support of new business development opportunities;
• Lead HR activity, acting as the subject matter expert in relation to the application and implementation of TUPE and associated mobilisation initiatives.
Please refer to the attached job description for further details regarding key responsibilities of the role.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role, you will have worked at an HR Business Partner level within a large, fast paced and complex organisation, preferably within the healthcare sector.
You will have demonstrable change management and employee relations experience. Up to date knowledge and experience of managing TUPE is also essential. Chartered membership of the CIPD is desirable.
- Evidence of academic or vocational learning at Level 3 or above (e.g. A Levels)
- CIPD qualification
Care UK is the largest independent provider of prison healthcare services in England.
We are developing rapidly and are committed to developing talent. There are therefore excellent prospects for career growth for the right candidate.
This is a part-time role, working 30 hours per week over 4 days. This role will be home based with frequent travel across the 9 Yorkshire prisons and Care UK offices as required (London, Reading, Exeter, Leeds, Wolverhampton). The salary for this role will be up to £52,000 FTE - dependent on experience plus car allowance (pro-rata for part-time hours), private healthcare and discretionary bonus.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Louise Batchelor on: 07501 728 160 or Katie Kidd on 07500 955132.
Strictly no agencies please.
*Interviews will be held on Monday 16th March 2020 in our Regional Office in Leeds*
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
For more information, visit www.careukhealthcare.com
Please note that this advert will close as soon as a sufficient number of suitable applications have been received.