We are currently sourcing for an Hotel Services Manager to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Facilities Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide and coordinate catering and housekeeping services across both Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres. Operating as a head of both departments, the post holder is to be responsible for all aspects of Catering and Housekeeping, including patient catering and menus, the café, cleaning, laundry and waste.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £41,000 dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To ensure food is planned, prepared, cooked and presented to the required standard whilst avoiding unnecessary wastage or deterioration of foodstuffs
• To plan menus to ensure CQUIN demands e.g. low sugar offering are met
• To ensure that the company reputation for food quality and service is enhanced with the patients and other customers
• Ensuring that all appropriate policies and procedures are implemented and complied with.
• Acting as Waste Officer for both Emersons Green and Devizes Treatment Centres.
• Reporting back to the Operations Manager as applicable, maintaining appropriate records.
• Compliance with all financial and other relevant policies and procedure relating to ordering and stock control.
• Complete statutory and other monitoring procedures as required.
• Be responsible for the Catering and Housekeeping employees under his/her supervision and ensuring that those members of staff comply with company policies and procedures.
• To provide direct line management of the Head Chef and Housekeeping Team Lead
• Provide clear and consistent leadership to staff in both departments, maintaining a visible presence in both departments.
• To lead in the recruitment and selection process of staff positions, sickness reviews, informal and formal disciplinary issues, poor performance and use of agency/bank staff.
• Provide leadership to all levels of staff, ensuring that discipline is maintained and all staff have the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential via development, training, and competency based assessments through Personnel Development Reviews.
• To promote positive inter professional working relationships within the hotel services environment and all other departments.
• To develop methods of reliably measuring performance against local and national quality standards and targets, through benchmarking, audit and research. Actively involved in the relevant components of the PLACE audit
• Measuring and ensuring effective resource allocation and utilisation, by ensuring that Team Leaders are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and expertise.
• To ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with current Company policies, procedures and current legislation relating to, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
• Responsible for the ordering and maintenance of stock.
• Responsible for ensuring that all equipment used within the department is in good working order and is used appropriately.
• To seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service by keeping in touch with developments in food service/production and housekeeping practice/theory
Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of managing a hotel services or facilities department that includes housekeeping / catering.
• Previous experience as a chef
• Experience in staff selection, workforce planning and rostering
• Understanding of Human Resources Policy and Practice
• Good general education to GCSE/O’level standard of education including English or equivalent
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.