We are currently sourcing for a General Manager to join our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre. Our Treatment Centre is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will act as the business and operational lead, on behalf of the Senior Management Team (SMT), liaising daily with staff, Clinical/Non Clinical Heads of Departments (HODs) and their Service Leads to ensure delivery and continuity of service at Devizes NHS Treatment Centre.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive annual salary of up to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Ensure delivery of service is achieved working closely with HODs and on agreed priority tasks with the Hospital Director and SMT
• Work closely with the Business Development Manager, to promote relationships with all professional bodies, and to represent DTC when required at external meetings
• Identify and nurture effective partnerships with local GP’s, Referral Management Centres (RMCs) and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) to secure referrals to DTC
• Assist with the recruitment and selection of staff
• Understand, implement and evaluate Care UK’s policies, procedures, Best Practice Guidelines and comply with Statutory, National Care Standards and Purchaser requirements
• Operate a service that is flexible, responsive and non-discriminatory
• Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of all local policies and procedures.
• Maximise workload of all staff efficiently and effectively but not compromising quality
• Uphold Care UK’s clinical governance systems working closely with the Clinical Governance Team, and maintain services in line with the standards set out by the regulator / Care Quality Commission
• Liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies in the community to ensure a seamless service
• Work closely with Operations Manager to ensure services are delivered to high standards of efficiency and productivity (includes PISCES reviews)
• Manage the quality and cost-effectiveness of service delivery from internal and external sub-contractors through the liaison person on/off site and report on issues of concern
• Ensure that effective communication is established within all departments by holding regular staff meetings
• Work with HODs to ensure that all departments are adequately and safely staffed within the agreed establishment
• Manage the operational and Capital Expenditure budget for DTC
• Work closely with SMT colleagues to establish best operating practice
• Liaise with relevant HODs, and where applicable the Governance Team, to ensure safety and quality audits are completed and action plans developed where required
• Assist in ensuring that all relevant certificates and licences are obtained, kept up to date and displayed as per requirements
• To maintain a system for reviewing quality of treatment and patient feedback
• Along with relevant HODs, ensure that comprehensive records are maintained in respect of all patients
• Assist with the investigation of complaints, accidents and incidents in accordance with agreed procedure. Prepare reports and notify all relevant bodies. Ensure that trends are identified and lessons learnt disseminated in conjunction with the relevant Head of Department
Skills & Experience
· Extensive experience in a management role in a healthcare environment
· Has taken an active leadership role in promoting, developing and sustaining business opportunities
· Good general standard of education
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.