We are currently sourcing for a Fixed Term Housekeeping Lead to join our Will Adams NHS Treatment Centre. The Facilities Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide and coordinate housekeeping services for Will Adams NHS Treatment Centres. Operating as a lead of department, the post holder is to be responsible for all aspects of Housekeeping. This will include:
• Ensuring that all appropriate policies and procedures are implemented and complied with.
• Maintaining an accurate stock system including receiving and checking of goods in/out.
• Compliance with all financial policies and procedure relating to ordering and stock control. This will include raising purchase orders for the Centre, and validating invoices.
• Complete statutory and other monitoring procedures as required.
• Be responsible for the Housekeepers under their supervision and ensuring that those members of staff comply with company policies and procedures.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - 25 hours a week
Fixed Term Contract - 1 year Contract running from June 2019 to August 2020, to cover maternity leave.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £8.77 per hour dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Provide clear and consistent leadership to staff in the housekeeping department, maintaining a visible presence in line with the treatment centre operational plan.
• To lead in the recruitment and selection process of staff positions, sickness reviews, informal and formal disciplinary issues, poor performance and use of agency/bank staff.
• Provide leadership to all levels of staff, ensuring that discipline is maintained and all staff have the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential via development, training, and competency based assessments through Personnel Development Reviews.
• To promote positive inter professional working relationships within the facilities environment and all other departments.
• To develop methods of reliably measuring performance against local and national quality standards and targets, through benchmarking, audit and research. Actively involved in the relevant components of the PLACE audit
• Measuring and ensuring effective resource allocation and utilisation, by ensuring that Team Leaders are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and expertise.
• To ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with current Company policies, procedures and current legislation relating to, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
• Responsible for the ordering and maintenance of stock.
• Responsible for ensuring that all equipment used within the department is in good working order and is used appropriately.
Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of managing a hotel services or facilities department that includes housekeeping
• Practical Experience of applying relevant legislation re: Health and Safety / COSHH / Infection Control
• Ability to work independently and to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to handle multi-faceted problems in a busy fast moving environment
• The ability to formulate clear objectives and expectations
• Ability to implement, manage and evaluate change
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
• Commitment to teaching / development
• A reflective approach to own work and work of others
• Project management skills
• Full member of appropriate professional body
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.