We are currently hiring for a Finance Manager to join our St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre. The Finance Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will have specific finance responsibility for St Mary's Treatment Centre and St Mary's Urgent Treatment Centre. You will develop good working relationships with the operations team across the relevant operating units and supporting the Hospital Directors/ Service Manager. Support the Senior Finance Manager in driving enhanced business performance and decision making supported by the proactive utilisation of financial information and business analysis and the successful implementation of new projects.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £48,000 per annum d.o.e.
• 10% Bonus
• £4,000 Car Allowance
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Senior Finance Manager
• Management reporting for operating units including preparation of financial and non-financial information along with detailed commentaries
• Full profit & loss and balance sheet responsibility for operating units
• Management of forecasting and annual budgeting processes for operating units including extensive discussions with operational staff and co-ordination with central finance team
• Ownership of management information, deep understanding of activities and drivers
• Ongoing identification & communication of risks & opportunities through general interactions with operations, ad-hoc scenario analyses of commercial opportunities etc.
• Responsible for various internal and external reports
• Provision of financial billing data to the receivables team and resolution of any issues that arise in the billing process
• Ensuring management, implementation and compliance with financial control policies and processes across the units
• Understanding of key commercial terms within core contracts.
• Monitoring of performance against contracted targets.
• Work with and lead operations and bid development with looking at and financially appraising new business opportunities, including preparing necessary sign-off models/briefing papers and board approval submissions.
• Provide day to day finance support to the operational management and teams
Skills & Experience
• Substantial similar experience
• Demonstrable operational finance experience
• Strong management accountant
• Strong commercial experience (reviewing contracts, negotiating with stakeholders)
• Ability to influence operations of the business
• Proven track record of implementing change programmes
• Qualified accountant
• Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
• Strong academic qualifications
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 902.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.