We are currently sourcing for a Clinical Governance Manager to join our Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre. Our Governance Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder is responsible for the development, co-ordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical governance systems and processes which support the monitoring of key quality indicators. You will contribute to continuous improvement across the treatment centre and will play a key role in embedding clinical governance to ensure the patients receive the highest quality care. There is expectation to promote, by example and leadership, a high standard of care to patients, by both doctors and nursing staff.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week between 8am - 6pm. Part Time hours will also be considered.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
Head of Nursing and Clinical Services Manager
•To ensure that all treatments given meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment.
•To enable patients to make informed decisions about their treatment and general welfare.
•To maintain a system for reviewing quality of treatment.
•To ensure that comprehensive records are maintained in respect of all patients.
•To maintain a system for recording and responding to patient complaints
•To notify the CCG and Care Quality Commission and other relevant authorities of all incidents for which there is a legal requirement to do so.
•Undertake periodic training to update his/her knowledge, skills and competence
•Be responsible for maintaining high standards of clinical practice and patient care by the use of clinical example and leadership skills.
•To ensure by means of audit the effective implementation and monitoring of effective clinical pathways from pre-assessment to discharge utilising LocSSips
•Ensure delivery of quality, cost effective nursing care that is compliant with established clinical pathways.
•Maintain clinical procedural standards for all.
•Be responsible for ensuring that all staff are familiar with current risk assessment procedures, and that risk assessments are carried out.
•Observe Codes of Professional Conduct as laid down by the Nursing Midwifery Council
•To have responsibility for a commitment to maintaining a high quality service to patients by continual development of practice in the light of research evidence and by audit, based against clinical relevant standards.
Skills & Experience
• Have 5-10 years relevant experience in an acute hospital with at least 2 years at a senior level
• Be experienced in meeting CQC/regulatory requirements and Clinical Governance
• Have taken an active leadership role in promoting, developing and sustaining the key focus areas for nursing
• Be familiar with company conditions of employment, performance management systems and recruitment processes
• Be able to plan the work of a team and teach/train/develop nursing staff
• Registered Allied Health Professional or Qualified Nurse (NMC registration)
• Degree in relevant subject
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.