Care UK are looking for Bank Drivers for our Worcester OOH service to chauffeur visiting clinicians to and from home visits/sites within the Care UK operating area and also to assist in our centres as a receptionist if required.
This is an essential service not an emergency service and therefore drivers do not have special priorities over other road users. Drivers must carry out all driving duties in a safe and legal manner ensuring that the vehicle is driven and passengers are carried in full compliance with current driving regulation and codes principally the Road Traffic Act and the Highway Code.
The “Out of Hours” period is deemed as being after 6.:00pm to 8:00am the following morning on weekdays, and 24 hours on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
• To ensure that the allocated shift car is checked, prepared and serviceable, no later than the start of the shift time. Finding to be recorded.
• To ensure that all necessary medical equipment and supplies are checked at start of shift
• To ensure that all home visits, subject to the visiting doctors’ priority of calls are carried out immediately and efficiently using the quickest and safest routes available.
• To liaise with doctors, drivers, co-ordinators, patients and management team during any shift.
• To perform courtesy calls to patients to confirm arrival and patient data.
• To ensure that security of the vehicle and doctor is at the forefront of each shift.
• This role would also include receptionist and administration duties at our Primary Care Centres.
• Able to work effectively under pressure with accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrate an effective telephone manner
• Driving experience in an employment capacity
• Basic IT skills
• Excellent road map reading skills
• Compliance with current driving regulation and codes, principally the Road Traffic Act and the Highway Code
• Full Driving Licence with no more than 3 points
We can offer you
This is a Bank position meaning you can work the shifts/hours you are available for, flexibly.
Monday to Friday (08:00 - 23:59) - £8.72
Monday to Friday (00:00 - 07:59) - £12.05
Weekends (08:00 - 23:59) - £9.25
Weekends (00:00 - 07:59) - £12.93
Once you have applied to this job, you will be contacted by Charlie who sits within our recruitment team by phone or email if you have been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like a full comprehensive Job Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Care UK reserve the right to close this advert early, if a sufficient number of applications have been received.