We are currently hiring for a Bank Housekeeper/Cleaner to join our Devizes NHS Treatment Centre. The Housekeeping Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder is responsible for providing a high standard of cleaning in all areas within the treatment centre. The postholder must operate on line with clearly defined standards and in compliance with policies, and procedures.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable/No guaranteed hours, to cover annual leave and sickness.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of £8.21 per hour dependent on experience
• To ensure that all areas of the treatment centre are cleaned in accordance with the specification laid down for each area
• To mop, dust and damp wipe all surfaces as appropriate and clean internal glass areas in line with the daily schedules in all areas.
• To clean toilet areas including toilet pans, wash basins, floors and wiping walls as necessary.
• To operate buffing/polishing/vacuum in accordance with manufactures instructions..
• Maintain daily record of areas cleaned, signed and counter signed by clinical staff in each department.
• To report all items of faulty equipment to the clinical services lead and ensure their removal from service until repaired.
• To maintain security of the treatment centre whilst working.
• To contribute generally to the establishment and development of a quality service
• To maintain cleanliness and tidiness of external areas (site signs and litter etc)
• Carry out other duties requested by the clinical services lead/Centre Manager as required.
Skills & Experience
• Previous cleaning experience
• Able to carry out written and verbal instructions accurately
• Good communication skills
• A knowledge of health & safety
• Good standard of written and spoken English
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.