We are currently hiring for a Sonographer to join our High Wycombe Diagnostic Centre. The Diagnostic Centre is a modern, high quality Diagnostic facility that operates in partnership with the NHS, providing a range of high quality, innovative clinical services.
You will be expected to produce a high standard of professional ultrasonography practice at all times, maintaining a level of professional accountability in accordance with the SOR / COR statements of professional conduct, whilst undertaking all ultrasonography duties performed within the scope of practice of the appointed role.
Care UK was founded in 1982. Today our healthcare services include treatment centres, prison health services, GP practices, NHS walk-in centres, GP out-of-hours and CATS and diagnostic facilities. This means that we provide a greater range of specialist care services than any other organisation in the UK.
The service is open Monday to Saturday and some Sundays and offers a range of diagnostic imaging procedures; MSK, General, Gynae and Small Parts.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities - We can give you the opportunity to develop your MSK treatments in house
• Care UK Perks including Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Managing examination workload effectively and producing a consistently high quality and safe level of care for all patients.
• Clinically justify ultrasound referrals using referral acceptance criteria defined within the Care UK referral and scanning protocols.
• Prioritising a number of complex activities at any one time to react to the demands of the service and be able to adjust workload to accommodate urgent referrals or equipment breakdown.
• Managing work load effectively to ensure the timely completion of examinations.
• Undertake a broad range of ultrasonography techniques and be flexible in adapting to the requirements of all patients and examination scenarios.
• Communicate appropriately with patients, relatives and other members of staff both
internally and externally, maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
• Ensure patient identification is checked prior to commencement of the examination
confirming that patient demographical data provided is accurate and entered correctly
on to all ultrasound and radiology IT systems.
• Maintain cleanliness in all clinical areas using appropriate measures for infection
prevention and control of disease.
• Maintain all required mandatory training to ensure compliance with the essential standards
of quality and safety defined by the Care Quality Commission.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of a clinical governance framework
within the diagnostic imaging department. The post holder will be expected to participate
in clinical audit and will have knowledge of quality assurance, incident reporting,
risk assessment, information governance and patient experience and engagement.
Skills & Experience
• Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description.
• Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential.
• Assessing, scanning, diagnosing and reporting your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of safe clinical practice and the responsibilities and accountability that are associated with this role.
• Diploma in medical ultrasound (DMU) or Post-graduate certificate or diploma
(Pg Cert / Dip)
• HCPC Registration
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.