We are currently hiring for a Self Employed Audiologist to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. The Audiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will support the provision of an effective, comprehensive and professional ENT service to patients using the Treatment Centre. Work as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team within the Outpatient Department (OPD), undertaking hearing tests and tympanometry as an intrinsic element of the ENT care pathway assisting diagnosis and the formulation of a treatment plan.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - One day per Fortnight
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive salary of £600 per day
• To be able to undertake and record a thorough, sensitive and detailed hearing assessment, using appropriate techniques and equipment
• To participate in the provision of an examination/assessment of the patient by undertaking a hearing assessment and tympanometry. Discuss the results with the consultant ENT surgeon, enabling a treatment plan to be created for the future management of the condition.
• Prepare audiological reports containing findings on assessment and review, with recommendations and advice based on clinical observations, assessment and knowledge.
• To be able to analyse and evaluate the information collected
• To be able to use research, evidence based practice, reasoning and problem solving skils to determine appropriate actions
• To be responsible to the efficient assessment, treatment and management of own patient workload to a high professional standard
• To work closely with the ENT surgeons and nurses to ensure that all the audiology requirements are assessed and documented within the report
• To be responsible for the keeping of accurate and confidential records
• To always practice within the legal and ethical boundaries of the profession
Skills & Experience
• Post Graduate Experience
• Experience in Adult Audiology Services
• Good Critical Appraisal Skills
• Experience of Audit
• BSc Audiology
• RCCP Registered
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.