We are currently sourcing for a Radiographer to join our Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres. The Radiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will be expected to produce a high standard of professional radiographic practice at all times, maintaining a level of professional accountability in accordance with the SCoR statements of professional conduct, whilst undertaking all radiographic duties performed within the scope of practice of the appointed role.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including a salary of up to £29,600 per annum dependent on experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• Clinically justify x-ray referrals using referral acceptance criteria defined within the
• Care UK referral and scanning protocols and also validate reports that have been produced.
• Undertake a broad range of radiographic techniques and be flexible in adapting to the requirements of all patients and examination scenarios.
• Communicate appropriately with patients, relatives and other members of staff both internally and externally, maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
• Ensure patient identification is checked prior to commencement of the examination
• Confirming that patient demographical data provided is accurate and entered correctly on all radiology IT systems.
• Maintain cleanliness in all clinical areas using appropriate measures for infection prevention and control of disease.
• Maintain all required mandatory training to ensure compliance with the essential standards of quality and safety defined by the Care Quality Commission.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of a clinical governance framework within the diagnostic imaging department. The post holder will be expected to participate in clinical audit and will have knowledge of quality assurance, incident reporting, risk assessment, information governance and patient experience and engagement.
• Successfully undertake a process of competency assessment which will assess the candidates ability to fulfil the requirements of a diagnostic radiographer. This process will be undertaken using a variety of assessment methods.
• Take responsibility for ensuring that they engage in regular continuous professional development in order to maintain their professional registration with the HCPC and to ensure they are fit for purpose in the role of a state registered diagnostic radiographer.
• Demonstrate an ability to safely use conventional x-ray systems using Computed Radiography or Direct Digital Radiography using a medical radiation dose which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
Skills & Experience
• Recent post graduate general radiography experience
• Experience within the acute hospital sector
• Experience in General Radiography, theatre radiography
• BSc in Radiography or equivalent qualification
• HCPC registered
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 951.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.