Are you a Podiatrist looking for a new or additional role with career development opportunities?
Have you ever thought about working within a prison environment, helping to rehabilitate and support offenders to live decent and purposeful lives as a member of the community?
Prisons are one of the most challenging, yet rewarding places for healthcare professionals to work - If you’re looking for a role where you can develop your existing skills and learn something new every day, then this is the place to be.
Care UK were re-awarded the healthcare contract at HMP Warren Hill and HMP Hollesley Bay and will begin delivering services on 1st September 2020; we are the Health in Justice Market leader, providing healthcare services to offenders across the country. Our model of care is our Wellbeing Approach – an integrated, comprehensive approach in recognition of the fact prisoners are a socially-excluded group with healthcare needs which are complex and often associated with poor outcomes. It adopts the premise no single health/well being factor can be taken in isolation of other motivational issues which might impact a person’s care.
To ensure the continued quality of care at HMP Warren Hill and HMP Hollesley Bay, we’re looking for a Podiatrist to support us and the existing teams.We are looking for a Podiatrist to join our team to work part-time or variable hours. There is no on-call or weekend work to allow for a strong work life balance!
You will be part of a forward thinking, innovative health care team; including GPs, nurses, pharmacists and mental health professionals, delivering high quality, best practice treatment. You will be closely supported and mentored by our Clinical Lead, and this combined with our well-developed appraisal system, in-service training and funding for external clinical courses, you will be provided with an excellent supportive learning environment.
This role requires the advanced assessment and treatment of patients within the offender healthcare setting who may have complex and/or chronic presentation, and
to determine clinical diagnosis and clinical treatment indicated, and to maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to learn and develop.
As a minimum we are looking for you to:
• Be Podiatry BSc (Hons) degree level qualified (or equivalent)
• Have a valid HCPC pin number.
• Have proven post-registration experience of assessing and treating MSK conditions in an outpatient setting
• Be self-motivated and happy to work independently, managing your own caseload
• Have strong evidence of continued professional developmentThis position is a part time-time role:
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary - dependent on experience
- A supportive environment in which you can develop and progress
- 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays (pro-rata for part-time hours)
- Company Pension Scheme
- CPD (including free online and face-to-face training)
- Regional/National opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee telephone counselling support
- Online discountsIf you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by Glenn Coles, the Internal Recruiter for this role.
The recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager and in turn Glenn will arrange an interview for you to attend if the hiring manager feels that you are suitable for the job.
Or alternatively, if you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Glenn Coles on 01189 521 951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This role is working 10.5 hours per month at HMP Warren Hill and HMP Hollesley Bay.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
At Care UK we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can.