We are currently sourcing for a Physiotherapist to join our Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre. Our Physiotherapy Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
The post holder will provide an effective and professional Physiotherapy service to patients using the treatment centre. To ensure that all Physiotherapy care being provided meets the agreed clinical protocols and reflects best practice within the field of Orthopaedics. Work as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team within the Outpatient Department, Ward and Day Surgery areas. To ensure patients and carers receive all the required information and educational programmes to ensure patient compliance with set clinical protocols.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Full Time, 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work you will receive…
• A competitive package including an annual salary of up to £25,000 per annum dependent on experience, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays
• CPD and revalidation support
• Clinical Development and Training Opportunities. We could even give you the opportunity to develop into a specialist role of your interest
• Care UK Perks including Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and retail discounts
• To be able to undertake and record a through, sensitive and detailed assessment, using appropriate techniques and equipment
• To be able to analyse and evaluate the information collected
• To be able to use research, evidence based practice, reasoning and problem solving skils to determine appropriate actions
• To recognise the need to discuss and be able to explain the rationale for the use of Physiotherapy interventions
• To be able to form a diagnosis on the basis of a Physiotherapy assessment
• To be responsible to the efficient assessment, treatment and management of own patient load to a high professional standard
• To work closely with the Surgeons, Nurses and all the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that all patient physical therapy needs are assessed and care plans directly reflect their individual needs
• With the support of the Lead Physiotherapist, to develop new working practices and keep abreast of new developments, techniques and treatments in the field of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
• To be responsible for the keeping of accurate and confidential records
• To be willing to work on weekends including bank holidays as deemed essential to meet the targets of the treatment centre
• To undertake ordering and demonstration and of the use of mobility and home aids, in the education of patients prior to surgery
• To participate in the education of patients who are undergoing orthopaedic procedures and their carers
• To always practice within the legal and ethical boundaries of the profession
• To work within the Physiotherapy team to implement best practice within Care UK Physiotherapy protocols
Skills & Experience
• Recent post graduate experience
• Recent post graduate experience in the field of musculoskeletal disorders
• Previous experience within an acute hospital environment especially with orthopaedics
• Able to motivate others
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Computer literate
• Able to problem solve
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding and use of evidence based practice
• Evidence of ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to plan and prioritise own workload when under pressure
• Intermediate life support skills
• Safe manual handling skills
• Degree or diploma in Physiotherapy
• HCPC Registered
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact email@example.com or call 01189 521 921.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.