We are a compassionate and collaborative medical team based within a modern facility in picturesque Somerset. We are currently sourcing for a Lead Pharmacist to join us. Whether you are local to the area or require assistance with relocation we’d love to hear from you.
For those wishing to relocate to the area, scenic Wells, Frome and Bruton are but a stones throw away and all have fantastic rail links to London. Bath is also within a very comfortable commuting distance. With excellent state and independent schools nearby it’s also fantastic place to raise a family.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Our Wards often evidence great nurse to patient ratios and Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre has been rated Outstanding by CQC - putting it at the very top of the regulator’s quality ratings across England.
At Care UK our unfaltering dedication to quality is something about which we are very proud; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
You will work to ensure delivery of a legal, safe, high quality specialist pharmaceutical service which reflects national and local policy and priorities, taking into account the level of security that must be maintained at all times.
Provide a timely and efficient pharmaceutical service to all departments of the Treatmet Centre by the pharmacy.
Contribute to the development of and support implementation and provision of Medicine Management strategy.
1. Managerial and organisational effectiveness- Dispensary based duties
• To participate in the efficient day to day running of the department and assisting senior managers when required in overseeing the management of the dispensary services. This might include checking of invoices; ordering etc.
• To maintain an up to date knowledge and be fully conversant of developments in all local/national pharmacy procedures and assist the pharmacist in regular review and development of these, e.g. Standard Operating Procedures.
• Be fully conversant on the usage and appropriate maintenance of all pharmacy IT systems including ProScript and SystmOne.
• To maintain all records and documentation necessary to keep accurate computerised stock control and manage invoices on Care UK electronic system.
• To maintain computer files for patients’ information and records.
• Assist in the collection and analysis of workload data when requested.
• Identify areas where the technical pharmacy service can be developed and plan changes in liaison with pharmacy colleagues.
• Provide support to locum staff (pharmacist or technicians) in the absence of senior managers.
• Manage annual leave and other absences and organise electronic and paper timesheets for the department.
• Provide rotas for staff
• To carry out regular supervision and appraisal for pharmacy staff, including clear documentation and target setting, feeding back to the Lead Pharmacist on progress.
• To be independently responsible for the day to day management of the medicines management technicians, including work planning and resource allocation, taking into account unpredictable work patterns, interruptions and the need to meet deadlines.
• To develop, implement and maintain SOPs
• Participate in patients own drugs (POD) scheme.
• Minimise waste by following “returned medicines” and POD protocols.
• Participate in pharmacy and multidisciplinary clinical wing teams to ensure supply of non-stock drugs in timely fashion for patients to receive treatment when needed.
• Assist the pharmacist in the delivery of training for implementation of medicines related policies and procedures; clinical guidelines and formulary.
Skills & Experience
· Management of a pharmacy team
· NHS or Independent Hospital Pharmaceuticals environment
· Management of a comprehensive and effective stock control system
· Evidence of effective clinical evaluation of products involving staff & patients
· Ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
· Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes and improvements to the service
· Able to set and audit standards
· Uses conflict resolution strategies to achieve a satisfactory settlement.
· Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate own work and develop self to enhance performance of others.
· Ability to plan the work of a team
· Ability to teach/train/ develop staff
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Ability to monitor and control resources
· Excellent time management skills
• BTEC, NVQ Level 3 in Pharmaceutical Sciences - or equivalent to enable registration with GPhC
• Evidence of ongoing commitment to continued professional development.
• Full technician registration with the GPhC.
• A checking accreditation (opportunity will be given to obtain accreditation)
Please note that employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.