Break into Prison Healthcare!
Are you looking for an opportunity to gain experience in a challenging and rewarding role?
Then look no further…
As a healthcare provider, we recognise the fact that prisoners are a socially excluded group with complex healthcare needs that can often be associated with poor outcomes. We believe in putting the patient first, regardless of the environment or their history. We also believe in providing our staff with great opportunities for training and development.
Our core values are: everyone makes a difference; patients are at the heart of everything we do, and together we make things better. If you share these values and have transferable skills we want to meet you!
We are looking for someone with previous experience of working within substance misuse and mental health.
What will you be doing?
As an Integrated Senior Substance Misuse Practitioner, you will work as part of an integrated team, working within healthcare alongside Primary Care, Mental Health and Recovery practitioners.
As part of your role you will:
• Carry out comprehensive assessments
• Provide a recovery and a providing a person centered approach
• Initiate and review individual recovery plans
• Confidently communicate the full range of treatment options available to service users
• Work with individuals, on a 1-1 basis, providing advice and information
• Co-facilitate group work
• Provide specialist support and resource to your clinical and prison colleagues.
• Support dispensing
• Contribute to complex case reviews as part of the healthcare and prison multi-disciplinary team
This is an exciting role to support and motivate individuals to take control of their lives and to make changes to overcome dependence on substances and move onto a life free of offending.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week. This post will require weekend working and some bank holidays.
The salary for this role up to £31,000 per annum - dependent on experience. Part-time applications also considered.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated if a sufficient number of applications have been received.