North East London
I am currently recruiting for an Healthcare Assistant to support the Theatre staff. The role involves contact on a physical and psychological level with patients and their families. The post holder will undertake a range of activities under the supervision of a registered nurse, having been assessed and deemed competent in the activities required.
Care UK provide modern, GP services & treatment centres for the NHS, Prison services and mental health & learning disability services, this role sits in our North East London hospital.
• To support the registered nurse and operating department practitioner in implementing an agreed plan of care in association with the patient and in accordance with instructions and training received.
• To promote safe patient care and to be willing to develop and apply new skills to maintain and enhance clinical service delivery.
• Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient.
• Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with theatre colleagues and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
• Contribute to the legality and accuracy of the patients care plan/ and or other reports and the effectiveness of the established communication / reporting system over the full 24hrs.
• Understands the need for strict confidentiality.
• Understands and committed to a caring approach to patients and relatives.
• Able to carry out basic procedures as delegated by and under the direction of qualified theatre practitioner staff.
• Able to demonstrate an empathetic and caring approach to patients and relatives and work so that patients dignity and respect is maintained at all times.
• Able to prioritise own workload.
• Able to work under own initiative within boundaries of role.
• Demonstrates awareness of importance of working as part of a team.
• Able to communicate routine information including observations, effectively verbally and written to staff, patients and relatives.
If you are looking to join an energetic and vibrant organisation that truly makes a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis, please either apply for the role or contact Martyn Kingsbury on 0118 952 1921