• To provide safe and effective telephone advice, health assessment and information to the general public.
• To ensure all Telephone Assessment Clinicians are of a standard to assess patients autonomously within another service to ensure the most appropriate Clinical outcome for the patient is reached.
• To provide safe and effective Telephone health assessments of patients contacting the service for advice.
• To provide a safe and effective Telephone health assessment for all patients requiring a Primary Care assessment.
• To provide a safe and effective Telephone health assessments of patients requiring a home visit.
• To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team in providing quality, evidence-based health care to meet the immediate needs of the patient.
• To take an active role within the cross-disciplinary, Multi-Skilled team to ensure service quality in line with corporate goals and strategy, and to assist in the development of new models for service delivery which have a positive impact on the health economy.
Lead Clinician CAS
• To receive telephone enquiries from patients via NHS 111 services, undertake a telephone assessment using a guided Telephone Assessment System to ensure appropriate and up to date Clinical guidance to presenting concerns. Give advice as appropriate using a guided telephonic system, referring to other service providers where necessary according to clinical need and closing a good proportion of cases as advice.
• To participate in the evaluation of the service that is offered and implement changes as required.
• To keep accurate and immediate records of every telephone assessment and advice given regarding patient care, using the computerised Telephone assessment systems.
• To encourage patients to carry out self-care as appropriate through the effective communication of evidence-based health care advice via a guided telephone assessment system.
• To provide up to date education to patients in the correct use of primary care and emergency care services, and other health care related organisations.
• To maintain patient confidentiality.
• To ensure cases audited meet the clinical and operational indicators and to ensure continuous development and improvement of a quality service in line with the clinical governance agenda.
• To promote effective communication and networking within the team.
Skills & Experience
• Recent experience in acute / primary care setting.
• Understanding of clinical triage
• Sound understanding of telephone advice triage service.
• Understanding of patient management in PCC setting
• Sound understanding of legal / professional implications of independent practice
• To have clear speaking voice and fluency in written/spoken English
• Familiarity with computers and IT skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work harmoniously within a team
• Good listening skills
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
• To be confident in face-to-face patient interactions
• Be able to demonstrate wide knowledge base
• Be able to demonstrate competence in telephone advice / triage service provision
• Be confident in working independently within individuals skill set and scope of practice
• Registered Clinician (Paramedic, Nurse or AHP)
• Evidence of recent Study
• Recognised Autonomous Clinical assessment within a Primary Care environment